Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Day That I Had Enough


I've never been one to care where my food comes from. Or if its organic. Or even if it's good for me. Let's be honest, bad food tastes soooo good. You add that with the fact that food is my vice, and I eat just about every feeling I've had, you get the perfect recipe for weight gain! (Gasp! You mean my mom body doesn't work the same as my high school dancer body?) For the past 3 plus years, I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding, and completely used it as my excuse to eat whatever and as much as my heart desired. (The funny thing is that my cardiovascular system actually didn't ask to eat all of those cheeseburgers! Haha nurse joke.)

Fast forward to the part where I have a 3 year old. Now, she does love her veggies, but girl LOVES her sweets. And her salties. Now I want my child to eat healthy, but I just am not the kind of mom who withholds anything non-healthy from my kids. Long story short, my eating habits are rubbing off on said 3 year old.

Today, we went to Target. Claire was not in the best mood to start with, and I just wanted to rush and get everything I needed. I'll spare y'all some of the gory details, but what ensued was mass choas and tantrums over cookies. And marshmallows. And the cotton balls I bought that she thought were marshmallows. We passed the toy section, and not a single tear was shed over the toys we weren't buying. Nope, it was the junk food we weren't buying that made the tears and screams come.

I looked down and saw myself. Wearing skinny jeans that don't look so skinny. The only reason my muffin top wasn't pouring over, was because of the Spanx I had managed to wrangle myself into earlier. (Note to self: You can't keep blaming it on postpartum baby weight when said baby is almost 10 months old!) I'm tired of eating too much junk. I am tired of my children eating too much junk. And I'm tired of wearing Spanx all of the time.

So today, I have decided I have had enough. I am going to be fit. I am going to make healthier choices. And I am going to wear my jeans again without my Spanx underneath!

Watch out world! I might even do a few squats too!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS