Monday, May 19, 2014

Our First Road Trip: Part 1


"Today's little moments become tomorrow's precious memories."

Lately, this quote has resonated with me. My Type-A, perfectionist personality has made it too easy to be a slave to my To-Do list, and too hard to focus on the things that really matter. Like making memories with my girls. This past weekend, we took our first road trip with our girls in hopes of changing that. 

We started small. Only a three hour drive one way, with stops along the way every hour, and one night at a hotel. Since this was our first time doing anything like this, the voice in the back of my head kept bothering me with worries.

What if they scream the whole way there?
What if they don't sleep easily in the hotel?
What if Claire pees through the 8 pairs of pants I packed?

None of those things matter. None of them. You know what matters? That we got away and had a wonderful, much needed weekend of breaking the monotony. Of having fun. Of giggling and laughing and enjoying family. 

And you know what? 
The girls didn't scream the whole way.
They slept soundly, as did we.
And Claire didn't even have one accident!

The lesson Mama learned this weekend was to relax, enjoy, and make memories along side my children!

PS I have at least 8 billion more pictures of our trip coming, as well as a little vlog of the drive there!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS